Woodsford is recruiting a Dutch-qualified Investment Officer in London
We are seeking an experienced Dutch-qualified lawyer to join us as an Investment Officer in our central London office. The candidate must have substantial experience of high-value litigation, ideally in Dutch class actions.
The role involves helping to assess opportunities to invest in class actions, with a particular focus on ESG-related collective actions in the Netherlands and managing Woodsford’s investments in those cases.
Some English/common law education (e.g., LLM at a UK or Australian university) and/or experience working in an English language environment (e.g., UK, US, Australia) would be helpful. The ideal candidate would be dual-qualified.
We seek a flexible team player who will have an important role in all aspects of the business, including:
- Undertaking due diligence of potential investments in Dutch class actions.
- Pitching investment opportunities to the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Advisory Panel.
- Working with a small team of Associates to build books of investor clients for ESG-related shareholder actions.
- Overseeing the claims we have invested in and reporting to the Woodsford board and other stakeholders.
- Working with the Heads of Marketing and Business Development and our CEO to execute and co-ordinate our marketing/business development plans.
Experience of some or all of the following would be helpful:
- WAMCA proceedings
- ESG litigation
- Shareholder activism
- Securities litigation
- Competition law
- Privacy law
- Consumer class actions
- Commercial negotiation and drafting contracts
- Common law jurisdictions and concepts
This exciting and varied role is for someone who wants to be in a fast-paced legal and commercial environment, willing to take on a variety of challenges and be at the cutting edge of innovation in ensuring businesses maintain the highest ESG standards, and in providing access to justice for those affected when those standards aren’t met.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing international business.
The full job specification, including details of how to apply can be found here.
Woodsford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.