Woodsford is recruiting a Legal Counsel in London
We have a rare opportunity for a transactional commercial/corporate lawyer to join our dynamic London team and play an important part in Woodsford’s continued growth and development as an ESG-focused business.
The right candidate will be closely involved in all aspects of the company’s commercial and litigation finance related affairs, working directly with main Board directors, our roster of Investment Officers and the finance group. Our US team will shortly open a New York office and there may be the opportunity to spend some time working, alongside our Executive Vice President & GC (US), on the east coast. Our small but growing Australian presence is based in Brisbane.
You should be qualified in England, or an equivalent common law jurisdiction, and have over three years post-qualification experience, at a City or international law firm, in a commercial, corporate, private equity, finance or insurance team. Some experience of litigation e.g., a litigation seat during a training contract would be a plus, as would regulatory experience (litigation finance is a regulated activity in Australia).
The role includes:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of contracts, including litigation finance agreements, insurance policies, law firm engagements, priority agreements and managed investment scheme related documentation
- Advising on corporate and commercial structuring of complex transactions
- Providing strategic advice on novel regulatory and other legal issues, across our international business, that shape Woodsford and the litigation finance sector
- Helping manage our team of Investment Officers in progressing matters through our investment pipeline and managing our litigation-related investments
- Some responsibility for corporate governance and compliance
- Liaison with external lawyers
- Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, Jonathan Barnes, and our Chief Investment Officer, EMEA & APAC Charlie Morris
This is a great opportunity to join a growing international business.
The full job specification, including details of how to apply can be found here.
Woodsford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.