Woodsford is recruiting an Associate Lawyer / Investment Officer in Australia.
Woodsford is seeking an Investment Officer to join our growing Australian team. The role can be based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne.
Our growing portfolio of Australian class actions and other litigations, and the resulting growth in our regulatory obligations, have created an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional to join us an Investment Officer. The role would likely suit:
- a regulatory compliance specialist within the financial services industry who is attracted to a new challenge in the world of litigation funding, or
- an Australian-qualified lawyer with experience in class actions who wants to be at the cutting edge of a new regulatory landscape.
We seek a flexible team player who will take a lead in:
- ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations of a responsible entity of litigation funding schemes,
- and drafting the suite of documents required to register and operate litigation funding schemes,
and who will also play a role in other aspects of the business, including:
- undertaking due diligence of potential investments,
- negotiating commercial terms,
- presenting investments to our Investment Advisory Panel,
- managing investments post-investment, and
- working with the marketing and business development teams
Whether from a regulatory compliance or legal background, the successful candidate will have:
- a demonstrable interest in the regulatory and compliance landscape of Australian Financial Services Licensees authorised to operate managed investment schemes
- excellent research and writing skills
- commercial acumen, strong analytical and project management skills
This is a permanent role in a rapidly expanding business and offers a competitive salary in a collegial environment. The right candidate could be located in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. Travel within Australia, occasionally internationally, and working across different time zones are part of the job.
The full job specification, including details of how to apply can be found here.
Woodsford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable federal, state, or local laws.